On October 21, 2021, in Kiev, Ukraine, Jolanta Martinoff, CMCF Vice President, signed an updated Memorandum of Understanding with Viktor Liashko, Ukrainian Minister of Health, renewing both parties’ commitment to improving the quality of newborn care.
This agreement builds on the longstanding partnership of the two parties and further clarifies the roles of each moving forward.
In particular, the memorandum provides for:
- development of a family-centered approach of neonatal care in Ukraine
- learning the world experience of providing assistance to prematurely born children and children with acquired or congenital surgical and somatic pathology
- improving the legal field in the field of neonatology and child surgery
- neonatological service development
- implementation of international forms of analytical reporting and statistics
- holding compatible meetings on perinatal aid policy
- involvement of leading industry specialists, in holding conferences, seminars and trainings for doctors
- organization of team training staff and ensuring effective communication
Below are images of the historic agreement itself, along with photos of its signatories; CMCF Vice President Jolanta Martinoff, and Viktor Liashko, Ukrainian Minister of Health as well as Rostyslav Tistyk, deputy of the Verkhovna Rada.